GovBizConnect allows you to share information about you, your employer, and/or your business as part of our mission to make the government contracting market more open and connected. This policy describes what information we collect and how it is used and shared.
Section 1 – Information Collection
We collect the content and other information you provide as you use our services, including when you register an account, create a profile, share, message, and otherwise communicate with other users of our services. This can include information in or about your content, such as the date a file was created, uploaded, or altered. We also collect information about how you use our services, such as the types of content you view or the duration and frequency of your activities. We collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access our Services.
More information about how we collect this information:
• GovBizConnect collects visitor and user information using Google Analytics, which includes the use of Demographics and Interest Reporting. This feature is a web analysis service provided by Google.
• We will use Google Analytics “first-party” cookies to help us understand how visitors are using our website. We will use Demographics and Interest Reporting “third-party” cookies to understand age, gender and interest categories. This analysis will assist us in improving the navigation capabilities of our site and in assessing the needs of our audience, which will help us to develop new areas of interest, certificates and courses.
• Anonymous information collected via Google Analytics will not be combined with any personally-identifiable information (such as information collected during the registration process).
• You can opt out of Google Analytics, including Demographics and Interest Reporting, by downloading and installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on on your computer (visit the add-on site for browser compatibility).
Section 2 – Data Use
We are able to deliver our services and personalize content, including advertisements, by using this information to understand how you use our services and interact with other people or things.
• We conduct surveys, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
• We use your information to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our services and to let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
• We use your information to improve our advertising so that we can show you relevant ads on our services, and to measure the effectiveness and reach of these ads. This uses non-personally identifiable information only, through Google Adsense.
• We use this information to verify accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security on our services, such as investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies. We work hard to protect your account using advanced technology such as encryption. We also offer easy to use privacy tools that allow you to determine whether all users may view your information, just contacts, or whether your account is private.
Section 3 – Sharing of Your Information
People and businesses use our service to connect with others. When you share and communicate with our service, you can choose the audience who can see what you share. You can select the audience that can view the information on your profile, as well as those that can see your status updates. All information shared on GovBizConnect can only be viewed by logged in members of GovBizConnect; no information is made available publically via online search engines.
In some cases, people you share and communicate with may download or re-share this content with others on and off of our service. When you comment on another person’s post or share content, a person seeing that information can decide to further share that information or your comment. If you have concerns about a post, reporting the post to firstname.lastname@example.org is the best way to mediate and resolve the issue.
If the ownership or control of all or part of GovBizConnect and all of its related brands, sites, services, or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
We use Google Adsense to serve ads. The following information is about our use of Google Adsense:
• Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
Section 4 – Manage or Deletion of your Account and its Information
You can manage the content and information you share when you use GovBizConnect through the Activity Feed tools. You may also manage or delete information displayed on your profile at any time through the edit profile tools.
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services.
You can request to have your account deleted at any time by emailing info@govbizconnect and asking that your account be removed. Keep in mind that information that others have shared about you is not part of your account and will not be deleted when you delete your account.
Section 6 – Response to Legal Requests and Harm Prevention
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, we may provide information to third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud and abuse on and off of our Services. Information we receive about you, including financial transaction data related to purchases made with GovBizConnect, may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.
Section 7 – Contact GovBizConnect
Address: 850 New Burton Rd, Dover, DE 19904